Bulgarian Minister of Tourism: 'This Summer We Expect a Growth in Tourism Between 7 and 10%'
‘’Over 3.3 million foreign tourists have visited the country since the beginning of the year’’, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova told BTV’s morning show.
The forecast for a 7-10% rise this year have been confirmed, as the increase in January-June was around 8%, the minister further said.
Regarding criticism of alcohol tourism and noise in Sunny Beach, she called for not to put all resorts under a common denominator. According to her words, "Sunny Beach" brings great revenue each year.
Moreover, according to her words, the Ministry of Tourism is considering setting up a Guarantee Fund to cover the damage caused by incorrect tour operators.
Meanwhile, the government is making efforts to develop the domestic market and expects a 3% increase for Bulgarian tourists in May-October.
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay