US Ambassador: I do not Want to Lie you that Visas are Going to Fall Soon
"Bulgaria does not meet the requirements for visa waiver," said US Ambassador to Bulgaria Eric Rubin in an interview with NOVA.
"If it was up to me, the visas would be dropped right away. I agree that this is the important thing for the Bulgarians, "said Ambassador Eric Rubin and explained:
"We realize that applying for visas is costly and time-consuming, and especially for people who do not live in Sofia, this is a great challenge, but we have laws that govern when the visa regime for a particular country may fall. I do not want you to be fooled that we can change these rules. "
"To be honest, Bulgaria does not meet the requirements. The most important criterion is that people who are refused a visa are very few. You must also minimize those who remain unlawful in the United States after taking a visa. I do not want to blame you with the promise that visas will fall soon, but I and the embassy people are making a lot of effort to make it happen, "he told Nova TV.
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018
- » Today Begins the Real Part of the Experimental Repair of the ''Trakia'' Highway
- » More Than 5000 Bulgarian Villages Can Apply for Euro Fundings For Wi-Fi
- » Restaurants and Cafes do not Comply with the Smoking Ban