Eiffel Tower Evacuated Because of an Armed Man
The Eiffel Tower was evacuated last night because of incident with an armed a man who was arrested while trying to overcome the police, said Thursday.
Since last year, the Eiffel Tower and ticket boxes are only available after you go through metal detectors and check-ins.
It seems that the man acted alone. His motives are not clear yet. He was quickly stopped and neutralized, no one was injured.
Policemen and sappers have checked all the floors of the facility and found nothing suspicious, Radio France Info reported.
Last night, the Eiffel Tower was lit in red and blue in the colours of the football club "Paris Saint Germain" in honour of the arrival of the Brazilian star Neymar.
- » 10 People Died in a Crash with a Military Helicopter in Colombia
- » A Man Fell from the 15th Floor of an Apartment Building and Passed Away
- » A Bridge has Collapsed in Colombia and Took at Least 10 Lives
- » 2 Killed When Explosion Destroys Buildings in Belgium
- » Drunk Driver Destroyes a Bus Stop in Sofia
- » Evacuation due to Bomb Threat at Bulgaria's EU Representation Building