Turkey Reshuffles Land, Air and Navy Commanders at Key Military Meeting
Turkey has reshuffled land, air and navy commanders at an annual supreme military meeting restructuring the echelon under Chief of the General Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar who will continue to lead the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) until 2019, writes Hurriyet daily news.
Gendarmerie Forces Commander Gen. Yaşar Güler is expected to replace Land Forces Commander Gen. Salih Zeki Çolak, with the prospect of being appointed as the top soldier in 2019 under the normal promotion system.
Gen. Hasan Küçükakyüz, who is the commander of the ballistic missile defense unit at the Eskişehir Air Base, is expected to be appointed in place of Air Forces Commander Gen. Abidin Ünal.
Vice Admiral Adnan Özbal will be appointed as the Naval Forces Commander as Adm. Bülent Bostanoğlu will retire.
All three outgoing commanders have completed their normal terms in their positions.
The decisions will be publicly announced after the approval of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
- » Turkish Foreign Minister Disputes Aegean Sea Borders and Sovereignty of Islands
- » Kosovo Оpposition Use Tear Gas to Delay Parliament Vote on Montenegro Border Deal
- » EU to Give Turkey More Funding to Extend Migrant Dea
- » Turkey-US Relations do not Depend on Individuals, PM Yıldırım Says After Tillerson Exit
- » Turkey has Warned Germany Over Mosque Attacks
- » Pace of Talks with FYROM Slows as Athens Waits