Boy Dies After Tree Falls on German Youth Camp
At least one person was killed on Wednesday morning when a tree fell on a group of youths camping in the German town of Rickenbach in the southern state of Baden-Württemberg, reported DW.
Four other minors were injured, including one who is in critical condition, police said. Authorities believe lightning struck the tree during a violent storm overnight.
Police said they were alerted to the incident around 2:00 a.m. Emergency response personnel responded immediately, transporting the injured youths to a hospital.
The group of 21 youths had set out to camp out in Rickenbach accompanied by four adults. The town lies near Germany's border with Switzerland.
Over the past month, Germany has witnessed severe weather patterns across the country, including flooding and heavy thunderstorms.
- » Ed Sheeran Broke his Both Hands, Postponed Concerts in Asia
- » Spanish Fighter Jet Crashed During Takeoff from the Base, Pilot Killed
- » Famous Maltese Journalist and Blogger Dies in Car Bomb Attack
- » Military Plane Crash in Spain - Casualties Unclear
- » Fire Burned Goethe's Wooden Tower in Frankfurt
- » At Least 13 People were Killed in a Prison Riot in Mexico