EC Gives Permission to Bulgaria For Deliveries of Russian Gas to Balkan Gas Hub
Bulgaria has received permission from the European Commission for the supplies of Russian gas to the Balkan gas distribution center, the Ministry of Interior announced, quoted by BNR.
In a letter signed by EU Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Cañete, Brussels says it supports the development of the gas hub and recalls that this country needs to improve its energy infrastructure, including the gas connections with Greece and Serbia.
On July 19th, Bulgarian Prime Minister Borisov announced he had requested permission from Brussels for a link to the Turkish Stream, through which Russian gas would be delivered directly to Bulgaria.
The letter received in the Ministry of Energy does not mention the specific project.
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity
- » Industrial Production in Bulgaria Down 1.5% MoM in February
- » The Most Active Home Building Process in Sofia is in "Vitosha" District
- » Skopje Invests EUR 270 Million in 800 km of Roads
- » Financial Problems for 1/3 of the Construction Companies in Bulgaria
- » 10 Candidates Want to Make the Pipes For the Bulgaria - Greece Interconnector