Ankara Sends Ambassador Gokce to Guatemala, Hassan Ulusoy Comes to Sofia
Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu has announced new ambassadorial appointments by his country. Former Ankara Representative in Sofia Suleyman Gokce will go to Guatemala. Turkey's ambassador to Bulgaria will be Hassan Ulusoy, Hurriyet Daily News reported.
The attention in the media about the ambassadors is focused on the personality of Merve Kavakci, who is determined to be the ambassador of Turkey to the Indonesian capital Kuala Lumpur. She was not admitted to parliament in 1999 after she went to swear an oath by a MP with a headscarf.
Kavakci was elected by the Party of Virtue headed by Necmettin Erbakan, who is seen as a predecessor of the now ruling Justice and Development Party. Kavakci was taken away when it was revealed that she had acquired US citizenship without the permission of Ankara before running for the election. Recently, her citizenship was restored by a decision of the Council of Ministers, which was published in the State Gazette on July 3.
- » Angela Merkel Comes to Bulgaria on Saturday
- » PM Borisov to President of Kosovo: I Count on Your Help that the Kosovo Mitrovica Case will not Deviate Us From the Big Goal
- » Stoltenberg on an Official Visit to Macedonia
- » Erdogan Meets the Pope on February 5th
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Poland is an Important Country For the EU and a Longtime Ally and Friend of Bulgaria
- » Hoyt Yee: Stability and Development of the Balkans Are Extremely Important