US Ambassador: 'Bulgaria Can Play the Role of Mediator For the Movement of the Balkans Towards Europe'
''Bulgaria can play the role of mediator for the overall movement of the Balkans towards Europe.'' This is what the American ambassador Eric Rubin has said during his visit in Bulgaria, talking with the Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, according to bTV.
In his words, Washington supports the idea that our Euro-Presidency will be focusing on countries in the region.
The diplomat confirmed the US support for the Neighborhood Treaty, which Bulgaria and Macedonia plan to sign.
''Furthermore, we also strongly support the progress Bulgaria and Greece have achieved together to complete the interconnector project, which is an extremely important part of Europe's energy diversification," add the US ambassador.
- » PM Borisov and Serbian President Vucic Discuss Infrastructure Projects
- » Macedonian PM: 'We Are not Only Friends with Bulgaria, but We Have Become Allies
- » Bulgarian President: Our Relationship with London Will be Active After Brexit
- » Italian PM: We Can Talk About Further Investments in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Vice President Will be on a Working Visit to the Republic of Albania
- » Russian Ambassador to the US: The Meeting Between Putin and Trump in Danang was Encouraging