State Agency For National Security: 'No data on Bulgarians in Middle East Conflict Zone'
So far, State Agency for National Security (SANS) has no information that Bulgarian citizens are present in the conflict zone in the Middle East, reported bTV.
The comment was made by SANS head Dimitar Georgiev with regard to some information that 77 Bulgarians are banned from entering Turkey.
Through its Interior Ministry, Bulgaria has requested information on the matter, the official explained.
He assured the journalists that every individual case, reported to the agency, is thoroughly checked.
Officially, all Bulgarian institutions said that there was no information about Bulgarian citizens who are included in the ‘’black list’’ of Turkish Interior Ministry, nor about Bulgarians who wanted to participate in the ranks of the Islamic State.
Earlier this week, 77 Bulgarian citizens are included in the "black list" of the Turkish Interior Ministry. The reason is that they’re suspected for participation in terrorist organizations, according to a report by the Ministry of Interior of our Southern neighbor, dedicated to the fighting with the Islamic State group.
In addition, 21 Bulgarians have been arrested and deported in an attempt to enter the conflict zones.
- » The Netherlands Donated Minibuses to the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior for Transport of Migrants
- » US Fighters Fired Signaling Missiles to Russian Warplanes
- » S&D Group President: Romania and Bulgaria are Ready to Join Schengen
- » Government Approved Additional Funds Up to BGN 19 970 000 to Repair 15 MiG-29 Fighter Jets
- » The Military Ministry will Pay BGN 81 Million for the Repair of 15 MiGs
- » Washington, Seoul and Tokyo Begin Two-day Joint Military Exercises