Bulgarians Raise a Monument of Levski in Canada
The first dig for the construction of a monument of Vasil Levski was made in the courtyard of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church "St Dimitar" in Brampton, a city-satellite of Toronto, the Bulgarian Horizons newspaper reported on Facebook.
A memorial plaque is placed at the place where the monument will be. The event is initiated by the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Bulgaria Ignat Kanev and the Church Board of Trustees with the assistance of the Bulgarian Consulate General in Toronto. Dozens of Bulgarians came to the memorial event, among them a was a large group with blouses with the image of the Apostle, the newspaper adds.
- » EU Gives May 2 Weeks to Act on Divorce Bill and Ireland
- » Russia Blocks Bid to Briefly Extend Syria Chemical Weapons Inquiry
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
- » Two Weeks to Unlock Brexit, EU Tells Britain's May
- » Barcelona Unveils New Anti-Terror Measures in Response to August Attack
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Pulls Troops out of NATO Exercise