1/3 of Bavarians want Independence from Germany
Almost one third of the Bavarians want independence for their province from Germany. This shows a study by the YouGov agency commissioned by Bild's multi-faceted newspaper, Dnevnik reports.
The survey shows that 32 per cent of respondents have declared independence in Bavaria. In none of the 16 federal provinces of Germany there is such a high proportion of residents who want to be separated from the republic, according to the results of the poll conducted in all areas of the country.
Constitutionally, no province can be separated on its own. The decision was passed by the Constitutional Court in Karlsruhe following a complaint filed by the Freedom for Bavaria Initiative, which called for a referendum on leaving the federal republic.
- » First Joint Meeting of the Governments of Bulgaria and Macedonia Will be Held Today
- » Over BGN 20mln Have Been Invested in Increasing Road Safety Over the Past Year
- » MPs Elected Emil Hristov from GERB as Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Tourism and the Sofia University Will Sign a Cooperation Agreement in the Field of Tourism
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with the UK on Defense Strategy
- » 67% of Bulgarians Like Rumen Radev, 42% - Boyko Borissov