Bulgarian Defender Hristov Joins Fiorentina From Slavia Sofia
Serie A club Fiorentina have signed Bulgaria under-19 international defender Petko Hristov from Slavia Sofia on a five-year deal, both clubs said on Monday, according to BGNES and eurosport.co.uk.
The 18-year-old, considered to be one of the best young players in the Balkan country, was a key figure in Bulgaria's team at the European U-19 championship in Georgia this month.
"I'm ready for this challenge," Hristov, who was a regular at the seven-times Bulgarian champions Slavia last season, making 30 appearances, said of his move to Italy.
"I'm such a type of footballer who never surrenders."
Fiorentina finished eighth in Serie A last season on 60 points from 38 matches.
He was born on 1 March 1999 and also plays for the National Team of Bulgaria up to 19 years.
On Saturday, Petko Hristov was the champion in the game of Slavia against CSKA Sofia. After the end of the game, he announced that Fiorentina had set him up during the European Youth Championship. There is still no information as to whether the Italian club intends to try his game in the first ofical team, or he will play in the youth club.
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00
- » Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
- » Ronaldinho: Brazilian World Cup Winner Retires From Football
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time
- » Novak Djokovic HITS BACK Over ‘Exaggerated’ Australian Open