Former Peru President Detained for Money Laundering
Former Peru President Ollanta Humala and his wife received a precautionary detention measure for 18 months.
A Peruvian judge issued an arrest warrant to Humala and his wife Nadine Heredia for money laundering and settling criminal organization.
Humala and Heredia will be in jail for 18 months. They both dismissed all charges.
Humala left the presidency on July 28, 2016. He had presidential immunity, which was in power when there were investigations during his presidency.
- » Police Respond to Possible Еxplosion Near Port Authority Bus Station, NY
- » Russian Troops Withdraw from Syria
- » Kosovo Expexts to Have Final Peace Treaty with Serbia by the End of 2018
- » Nearly 6,000 Jihadists from the Islamic State may Return to Africa
- » German Intelligence Warns of Increased Chinese Cyber Spying
- » Macron Tells Netanyahu that US Recognition of Jerusalem is Threat to Peace