Former Peru President Detained for Money Laundering
Former Peru President Ollanta Humala and his wife received a precautionary detention measure for 18 months.
A Peruvian judge issued an arrest warrant to Humala and his wife Nadine Heredia for money laundering and settling criminal organization.
Humala and Heredia will be in jail for 18 months. They both dismissed all charges.
Humala left the presidency on July 28, 2016. He had presidential immunity, which was in power when there were investigations during his presidency.
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days
- » Trump Wants Teachers to Carry Weapons
- » Deputy Director of UNICEF Resigned Because of Obscene Remarks to Women
- » An Armed Sheriff did not Help in the Shooting at a High School in the US