Venus Williams to Face Garbine Muguruza in Wimbledon Final
The 37-year-old American ended the hopes of Britain's Johanna Konta in the women's semifinals with a 6-4, 6-2 win on Centre Court on Thursday, according to ESPN.
Williams will be seeking a sixth Wimbledon singles title Saturday against Garbine Muguruza, who advanced to the final at the All England Club by beating Magdalena Rybarikova 6-1, 6-1.
If Williams wins Saturday, she would be the oldest women's Grand Slam champion in the Open era (since 1968). She's the oldest women's finalist in any Grand Slam since Martina Navratilova reached the Wimbledon final in 1994.
"I've played in a lot of finals here," Williams said. "It's been a blessing. I couldn't have asked for more, but I'll ask for a little more. One more win would be amazing.
"It won't be a given, but I'm going to give it my all."
- » Grigor Dimitrov Triumphed in the Final Season Tournament in London! (Updated)
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
- » WADA Refused to Return Russia's Rights
- » Anthony Ivanov will Swim for a University in Alabama