Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Bulgaria Wants Min Wage to Amount BGN 700
During the last 17 years, 906 thousand Bulgarians in active age have left the country permanently; The situation is catastrophic, said the President of the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Bulgaria (CITUB) Plamen Dimitrov, according to bTV.
In his words, the crisis can only be tackled with urgent measures to increase people incomes.
Dimitrov said also that the Confederation wants to introduce a special minimum wage plan for specialists who work in their specialty, amounting to BGN 700.
"It should be clear that education costs money and it has to be valued," he pointed out.
Dimitrov gave an example with Romania. In the first quarter of this year, the average salary there was EUR 703, compared to Bulgaria - EUR 514.
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad