Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Bulgaria Wants Min Wage to Amount BGN 700
During the last 17 years, 906 thousand Bulgarians in active age have left the country permanently; The situation is catastrophic, said the President of the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Bulgaria (CITUB) Plamen Dimitrov, according to bTV.
In his words, the crisis can only be tackled with urgent measures to increase people incomes.
Dimitrov said also that the Confederation wants to introduce a special minimum wage plan for specialists who work in their specialty, amounting to BGN 700.
"It should be clear that education costs money and it has to be valued," he pointed out.
Dimitrov gave an example with Romania. In the first quarter of this year, the average salary there was EUR 703, compared to Bulgaria - EUR 514.
- » Over BGN 41 Million Granted for Repairs in Sofia
- » Leader of ATAKA: I am Not Sure if I will Support the Upcoming Mistrust Vote
- » Undercover Agents will Watch for Dirty Buses and Rude Drivers in the Capital
- » A Total of BGN 2.91 billion will be Paid to the Bulgarian Farmers
- » Bulgarian PM: There is no Greener Government than Ours
- » Government Approved the Agreement Between Bulgaria and Macedonia on the Reduction of International Roaming Tariffs