Ludogorets failed their first Champions League test
Bulgarian football champion Ludogorets started their Champions League journey with a defeat. "The eagles" conceded a full comeback and lost their visit to Lithuanian side Zalgiris with 1:2. The hero for the hosts was ex-player of Bulgarian club CSKA Serge Nyuiadzi. This was the first match between the two teams in the second qualification round. The second clash in Bulgaria will be played on 19th July.
"Zalgiris just started their season but that can't be an excuse for our defeat", said Ludogorets head coach Georgi Dermendzhiev. He is really disappointed with the result but hopes his team can make it through the Champions League group stages once again.
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time
- » Novak Djokovic HITS BACK Over ‘Exaggerated’ Australian Open
- » Dimitrov Easily Qualified for the Australian Open's Second Round
- » Ronaldo to Leave Real Madrid?
- » Grigor Dimitrov Continues to be No. 3 World Tennis
- » The Second Highest Transfer in Football is a Fact - Coutinho in Barcelona for EUR 164 million