Protests against skyscrapers in Sofia
There is massive discontent against construction of skyscrapers in Sofia. The intention of constructing a 43-storey building made many inhabitants of "Strelbishte" district angry. They are planning to protest for a second time tonight, says NOVA.
The demonstrants call the area between "Bulgaria" and "Acad. Ivan Evstatiev Geshov" boulevards "The lungs of Strelbishte". They don't want a 150-meter skyscraper to be built there.
"Nikmi" company, which is the owner of the area, is adamant that it has legally bought the terrain at a high price several years ago. On the other hand, the area has to remain a garden, according to the Common master plan of Sofia.
- » Over BGN 41 Million Granted for Repairs in Sofia
- » Leader of ATAKA: I am Not Sure if I will Support the Upcoming Mistrust Vote
- » Undercover Agents will Watch for Dirty Buses and Rude Drivers in the Capital
- » A Total of BGN 2.91 billion will be Paid to the Bulgarian Farmers
- » Bulgarian PM: There is no Greener Government than Ours
- » Government Approved the Agreement Between Bulgaria and Macedonia on the Reduction of International Roaming Tariffs