Protests against skyscrapers in Sofia
There is massive discontent against construction of skyscrapers in Sofia. The intention of constructing a 43-storey building made many inhabitants of "Strelbishte" district angry. They are planning to protest for a second time tonight, says NOVA.
The demonstrants call the area between "Bulgaria" and "Acad. Ivan Evstatiev Geshov" boulevards "The lungs of Strelbishte". They don't want a 150-meter skyscraper to be built there.
"Nikmi" company, which is the owner of the area, is adamant that it has legally bought the terrain at a high price several years ago. On the other hand, the area has to remain a garden, according to the Common master plan of Sofia.
- » Bulgaria Continues to Return to Turkey Asylum Seekers
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Romania and Croatia will help the European Integration of the Western Balkans
- » At least 4 Migrants Die as Boat Capsizes in Black Sea
- » Bulgarian President: 'Fight Against Corruption Must be Uncompromising'
- » Head of state: The Strategic Partnership Between Bulgaria and the United States is a Prerequisite For a Far more Active Cooperation in Investments
- » Intensified Police checks During the European Day Without a Road Death