Protests against skyscrapers in Sofia
There is massive discontent against construction of skyscrapers in Sofia. The intention of constructing a 43-storey building made many inhabitants of "Strelbishte" district angry. They are planning to protest for a second time tonight, says NOVA.
The demonstrants call the area between "Bulgaria" and "Acad. Ivan Evstatiev Geshov" boulevards "The lungs of Strelbishte". They don't want a 150-meter skyscraper to be built there.
"Nikmi" company, which is the owner of the area, is adamant that it has legally bought the terrain at a high price several years ago. On the other hand, the area has to remain a garden, according to the Common master plan of Sofia.
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad