Almost 8000 California Residents were Evacuated From Fire
At the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains, a hundred kilometers from the city of Sacramento, some 4,000 people have already been evacuated and another 7,400 are preparing for it. The fire is raging on an area of 20 km and has already destroyed more than ten buildings.
Governor Jerry Brown announced a state of emergency to help local authorities.
Meanwhile, some 3600 people, including hundreds of camping people on vacation, were evacuated in a valley east of Santa Barbara in southern California where three fires were raging.
Hundreds of firefighters struggle with the elements. Authorities do not rule out that, if in the next few days they fail to stop the spread of fire, additional evacuations may be imposed on local residents.
- » Twitter Blocked More than 1,000 Users for "Targeted Spam"
- » Turkey Announced the Offensive Against the Syrian City of Afrin
- » Roscosmos is Considering the Commercialization of the Russian ISS Segment
- » Prime Minister of New Zealand goes on Maternity Leave
- » At the End of 2017, China's Population Grew to 1.39 billion
- » Russia Accused the Ukrainian Authorities of Preparing for a New War