Trump is Going to Offer Gas Delivery to Central and Eastern Europe
The American president will use the constantly increasing deliveries of American natural gas as negotiation tool at a meeting in Warsaw with dozen of leaders of countries dependent on Russia for energy.
In the last couple of years Moscow reduced deliveries while having a feud with neighboring countries. Import from the United States would significantly decrease their dependency from Russia.
Donald Trump will attend a conference named “Three Seas'' ( involving countries on the Adriatic, Baltic and Black sea). The meeting is just before the gathering of G-20 in Germany where Trump and Putin will meet for the first time. A main goal of the ''Three Seas'' project is development of the regional energy infrastructure including the terminals for import of liquid natural gas and pipelines. Some of the countries part of the initiative are Poland, Austria, Hungary, Latvia and Estonia.
It is expected that by 2020 the United States will become the third largest exporter of liquid natural gas just four years after opening their first terminal for export. The American exporters sold a big part of the their gas reserve signing long term contracts and they have more projects in mind for the near future.
- » Bulgargaz Demanded a 5% Increase in the Price of Gas
- » Electricity Production in Bulgaria is Growing more Slowly than Consumption
- » Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant can Operate Until 2047
- » The Share of "Green" Energy in Bulgaria is Increasing
- » 80% of New NPPs in 2016 Are in Asia
- » Russian Company Ready to Invest in Belene NPP