Minions Have Made Some People Very, Very Rich
This weekend, Despicable Me 3 will premiere in more U.S. theaters than any other movie in history. As Variety reports, 4,529 theaters will show the film. The movie is the fourth release in the franchise that first introduced the freaky little yellow monsters known as Minions to the world in 2010. And it could generate up to 0 million for Illumination and Universal, according to some projections.
However many millions of dollars it rakes in this weekend, the Minions franchise is already shaping up to be one of the most lucrative in history, grossing 2.7 billion dollars worldwide for all of the films, including the spinoff feature, Minions. The characters have also helped generate at least 70 million dollars a year in sales of consumer products like plush toys, phone cases, and clothing. Reported by The Outline.
- » Bulgarian Photographer Took First Prize of a Prestigious Competition
- » Sofia Hosts International Literary Festival for Children and Youngsters
- » Rapper Kendrick Lamar Wins Pulitzer Prize
- » Three New Bands at the HILLS OF ROCK 2018 Festival
- » 14th Edition of the European Museum Night will Take Place on May 19th
- » Master of Art Film Festival Features 77 Titles from Around the World