Minions Have Made Some People Very, Very Rich
This weekend, Despicable Me 3 will premiere in more U.S. theaters than any other movie in history. As Variety reports, 4,529 theaters will show the film. The movie is the fourth release in the franchise that first introduced the freaky little yellow monsters known as Minions to the world in 2010. And it could generate up to 0 million for Illumination and Universal, according to some projections.
However many millions of dollars it rakes in this weekend, the Minions franchise is already shaping up to be one of the most lucrative in history, grossing 2.7 billion dollars worldwide for all of the films, including the spinoff feature, Minions. The characters have also helped generate at least 70 million dollars a year in sales of consumer products like plush toys, phone cases, and clothing. Reported by The Outline.
- » A Painting by Leonardo da Vinci with a New Record for the Most Expensive Artwork
- » URBAN ART FOUNDATION Will Discuss How Architecture Arises
- » Van Gogh's Insane Asylum View Sells for $81.3 Million at Auction
- » "Symbiartic" - an Ambitious Initiative Aiming to Bridge Conceptual Art and Fundamental Science
- » Amazon to Adapt J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings for Television
- » Iron Maiden will have a Concert on July 22 in Plovdiv