Chief Prosecutor calls for less politics around judicial reform
Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov called for more law and less politics to enable the judicial reform. He spoke at a chess meeting with investigators and members of the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC), with the participation of Russian chess player and MP Anatoly Karpov, a reporter of FOCUS News Agency said.
Tsatsarov said that firstly those who lead this match (the demands for judicial reform) have to say what this reform is about. “If I hear clear ideas, I could comment on them," he said.
He went on saying that the first direct election of SJC members by the judges and the prosecutors is the meaningful response about the judicial reform.
The debate for the judicial reform includes the creation of an independent institution able to investigate potential irregularities linked to high-ranking prosecutors.
- » Bea ten Tusscher is the New Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » S&D Group President: Romania and Bulgaria are Ready to Join Schengen
- » The Neighborhood and Friendship Agreement Between the Republic of Macedonia and Bulgaria Will be Ratified in January
- » The IMF Supports Bulgaria's Efforts to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room
- » Putin will Give his Annual Press Conference (Live Stream)
- » MPs Оvercame the Veto of President Rumen Radev on the Мoratorium on New Мedicines