Vanuatu's President Baldwin Lonsdale dies in Port Vila after sudden heart attack
Vanuatu's widely revered President, Baldwin Lonsdale, has died after suffering a sudden heart attack in the Pacific island nation's capital of Port Vila, Focus News reported.
Mr Baldwin, who had served as President since September 2014, died in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Dan McGarry, media director at the Vanuatu Daily Post, said hundreds of people had stood in a vigil held after Mr Lonsdale's death to pay their respects to the highly regarded head of state.
- » Britain's Prince Philip, 96, Leaves Hospital
- » Who Is Who: Top Bulgarian Tennis Player Tsvetana Pironkova
- » Bulgaria PM Congratulates Patriarch Maxim on 95th Birthday
- » Who Is Who: Bulgaria's Eurovision 2010 Representative Miro
- » Who Is Who: RZS Candidate for Sofia Mayor Pavel Popov
- » Who Is Who: Bulgaria's Deputy Foreign Minister Marin Raykov