Sofia Welcomes Agreement About European Public Prosecutor's Office
Bulgaria's Minister of Justice Tsetska Tsacheva welcomed the agreement between 19 EU member states including Bulgaria about the establishment of a European Public Prosecutor's Office, reported BNR.
At a sitting of the Justice and Home Affairs Council in Luxembourg Minister Tsacheva voiced her categorical support about that project and noted that the efficiency of the European Public Prosecutor's Office would depend mainly on the loyal cooperation between all member states against the criminal violations agains the coomon European budget.
Each year the national budget of the European countries lose VAT revenues to the tune of at least EUR 50 billion due to cross-border fraud.
The idea of the project is that European prosecutors should make conduct prompt investigations on the whole continent and exchange information in real time.
- » Donald Tusk Proposes Sofia to Host a Western Balkans Summit
- » 55% of Bulgarians are Optimistic About the EU Presidency
- » Estonia Supports Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Europe can Sue Bulgaria for Lack of Access to 112 Emergency Number for Deaf People
- » Bulgaria will be the Center of Dialogue for the Digital Single Market
- » Bulgaria is the First in the EU in the Growth of Air Travel