GDP Per Capita in Bulgaria Grows by 2.6%
Investments (gross fixed capital formation) formed 16.6% of GDP. The external balance (exports - imports) is negative.
In the first quarter of 2017 gross value added of the total economy rises by 1.2%.
According to the preliminary estimates of GDP by final expenditure, in the first quarter of 2017 compared with the previous quarter the final consumption increased by 1.9% compared to the previous quarter.
For the same period, gross fixed capital formation decreased by 0.6%. In the first quarter of 2017, exports and imports of goods and services increased their level compared to the previous quarter by 0.9 and 1.9%.
During the first quarter of 2017 GDP increased by 3.5% compared to the same quarter of the previous year according to the seasonally adjusted data. Gross value added increased by 3.5% compared to the same quarter of the previous year.
The indicator' movement is determined by the increase recorded in: wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motocycles; transportation and storage; accommodation and food service activities - 4.4%, information and communication - 3%, real estate activities - 2.5%, mining and quarrying; manufacturing; electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply; water supply , waste management and remediation actitivities - 1.4%.
As regards the expenditure component of GDP, contributors o the registered positive economic growth are the final consumption with 4.3%.
Exports and imports of goods and services increased by 5.8% and 7.1% respectively compared with the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- » NSI: Monthly Inflation in November at 0.4%
- » World Bank Halts Financing of Oil and Gas Projects from 2019
- » Municipality, Part of the Metropolitan Area in Venezuela Introduced its Own Currency
- » In the Period January - October 2017 Bulgarian Exports to 3rd Countries Increased by 15.9%
- » Daily Mail: Bulgaria has Enough Bitcoins to Pay off FIFTH of National Debt
- » The Bulgarian Government Holds More Than $ 3 Billion in Bitcoin