Sofia Mayor: '40% of Tourists Visit Sofia For its Cultural and Historical Heritage'
40% of the tourists visiting Sofia come here because of its cultural and historical heritage, according to the words of Mayor Yordanka Fandakova during the Bulgaria's Historical Neighborhoods - Preservation and Development Forum, quoted by BNR.
Fandakova cited data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI), saying that the number of tourists in Sofia increased in March on the same month in 2016.
Over 90,000 people spent nights at different hotels ovet that month, on some 49,000 in March 2016.
The capital's mayor pointed out that in 2016 Sofia was ranked among Top 10 cities with the highest growth in the number of tourists for the period 2009-2016, alongside Barcelona, Budapest and Berlin.
- » Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort
- » Journey in Europe with Ship-houses
- » Electric Airplane Start-up Eviation Aims to Enter Serrvice in 2021
- » Bulgarian Tourists in Serbia have Increased Threefold for the Last 10 Years
- » Minister of Tourism: I Hope for 40,000 to 50,000 Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria This Year