Minister Nikolina Angelkova: 'Government Expects 10% Increase in the Number of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria this Summer'
The government expects an up to 10% increase in the number of foreign tourists in Bulgaria this summer, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova told FOCUS Radio’s Good Morning Bulgaria.
There is an increase in early booking by tourists from the Netherlands and France.
“The trend from last year remains thanks to the strong efforts made by the Ministry of Tourism, local governments and the sector so that Bulgaria position itself as an active tourist destination,” the minister noted. The trend is confirmed by results between January and April – a 17% growth in tourists, to 1 580 000.
Alone in April, almost half a million tourists visited the country, up by 10% against last year, she added. So far, bookings for the summer come mostly from Germany, followed by Russia.
She also said that work continues on developing the culture-historical routes in Bulgaria.
- » Wizz Air to Launch Sofia - Athens flights in March 2018
- » Sofia Airport has Returned 604 Lost Items Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises in August
- » Sofia Airport Welcomed its 5-millionth Passenger
- » 50% more Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria