The Specialised Anticorruption Unit of Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office Charges Agriculture Ministry Official with Breach of Duty
The Specialised Anticorruption Unit of Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office (SCP) has pressed charges against Steliyan Mitev over an intentional failure to fulfill his obligations while director of the regional agriculture directorate in Dobrich, the Prosecutor’s Office said.
Mitev is currently head of the Land Relations and Management Directorate at the Ministry of Agriculture.
He was regional director in Dobrich between November 2009 and September 2013. In that period he did not inform the mayor of Balchik over irregularities on the Kranevo North beach and his administration made fictitious inspections which paid no attention to illegal buildings there.
Furthermore, Mitev ordered no inspections of the beach during the summer, the most active season, between 2010 and 2013. The beach was managed by a firm of Mitev’s father.
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia
- » Environmental Pollution Kills Millions Around the world
- » A Warehouse Hub for Indian and Chinese Goods will be Built near Sandanski
- » Varna will Held International Technology Conference Innowave Business and Startup
- » ECB Chief Mario Draghi says Bitcoin Not Mature Enough for Consideration
- » ‘New frontier’ Bulgaria Attracts Real Estate Investors