Bulgaria Wants More Serious Funding for EU Battlegroups
At a Brussels-held sitting of the Foreign Affairs (Defense) Council of the EU Bulgarian Minister of Defense Krasimir Karakachanov declared that Sofia wanted the expansion of the range of the common funding for the EU battlegroups vie including the expenses for their deployment too with the purpose of a fairer distribution of the burden between all the member-states, reported the Bulgarian National Radio.
The minister further underlined that Bulgaria wanted the strengthening of the cooperation between the EU and NATO in the building of a capacity of the Western Balkans and Black Sea region’s partners.
Karakachanov is expected to meet with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg within the frames of his visit.
- » Hristo Smolenov, Antiterrorism Expert: Europe Behaves Like Victim, Attracting Aggressors
- » Champs-Elysees car attacker was on terror watchlist
- » Minister Radev: Only 5 km left for the completion of the protection facility at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey
- » Nikolay Nenkov Named Deputy Chairman of SANS
- » Bulgarian Teams Take Part in Aerial Medical Evacuation Exercises in Germany
- » Bulgarian and Greek Special Forces Took Part in a Joint Anti-Terrorist Training Exercise