Greek Parliament Approves New Austerity Measures
The Greek parliament late Thursday adopted a new round of austerity cuts which the government hopes will secure a pledge of debt relief and loan disbursements by EU-IMF creditors this month, reported AFP.
The bill entails EUR 4.9 billion ($5.4 billion) in pension cuts and lower tax breaks in 2018-2021 and was passed by a majority of 153 lawmakers from the ruling coalition. A total of 128 voted against the measure.
- » Oficially Turkey Is Getting Russia's S-400 Air Defense System
- » Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu: ' Dialogue Between Turkey and EU Needs to Continue'
- » Turkish President Erdogan Calls on all Muslims to 'Protect' Jerusalem
- » Polish President Signs Bill Giving Justice Minister Power to Hire Court Heads
- » Turkish Newspaper Journalists Face Terrorism Trial
- » Federica Mogherini to Meet Top Officials in Greece