Greek Parliament Approves New Austerity Measures
The Greek parliament late Thursday adopted a new round of austerity cuts which the government hopes will secure a pledge of debt relief and loan disbursements by EU-IMF creditors this month, reported AFP.
The bill entails EUR 4.9 billion ($5.4 billion) in pension cuts and lower tax breaks in 2018-2021 and was passed by a majority of 153 lawmakers from the ruling coalition. A total of 128 voted against the measure.
- » Erdoğan's Call For Peace a Positive Step, Greece Says
- » Kosovo Ready for Council of Europe Membership Bid
- » Syrians in Turkey Continue to Return Home
- » Kosovo Moves to Establish Army Bypassing Serb veto
- » Fears of Escalation in Tensions After Erdogan Calls Snap Polls
- » Turkey's Ever-Closer Ties with Russia Leave US Lacking Key Ally on Syria