Greek Parliament Approves New Austerity Measures
The Greek parliament late Thursday adopted a new round of austerity cuts which the government hopes will secure a pledge of debt relief and loan disbursements by EU-IMF creditors this month, reported AFP.
The bill entails EUR 4.9 billion ($5.4 billion) in pension cuts and lower tax breaks in 2018-2021 and was passed by a majority of 153 lawmakers from the ruling coalition. A total of 128 voted against the measure.
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Taking Action to Isolate a Country in All Areas is Inhumane and Un-Islamic
- » Turkey Maintains Ban on German Vsits to Incirlik Airbase
- » Poland ‘Not Interested’ in Joining Eurozone
- » Aleksandar Vucic Sworn in as Serbia's Next President
- » Debates on New Cabinet in Skopje Start Tomorrow