Greek Parliament Approves New Austerity Measures
The Greek parliament late Thursday adopted a new round of austerity cuts which the government hopes will secure a pledge of debt relief and loan disbursements by EU-IMF creditors this month, reported AFP.
The bill entails EUR 4.9 billion ($5.4 billion) in pension cuts and lower tax breaks in 2018-2021 and was passed by a majority of 153 lawmakers from the ruling coalition. A total of 128 voted against the measure.
- » Nearly 2,800 Migrants have Arrived in Greece so Far this Month
- » Kosovo Gives Up Bid to join Interpol
- » Turkey Mulling Sanctions Over Iraqi Kurdish Referendum
- » Iraq Top Court Rules to Suspend Kurdish Referendum
- » Turkey Summons German Ambassador as Tensions Mount
- » Motorola Introduced Moto Z2 Play for Southeast Europe