Greek Parliament Approves New Austerity Measures
The Greek parliament late Thursday adopted a new round of austerity cuts which the government hopes will secure a pledge of debt relief and loan disbursements by EU-IMF creditors this month, reported AFP.
The bill entails EUR 4.9 billion ($5.4 billion) in pension cuts and lower tax breaks in 2018-2021 and was passed by a majority of 153 lawmakers from the ruling coalition. A total of 128 voted against the measure.
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Pulls Troops out of NATO Exercise
- » Rescue Crews Looking For Two More Men Missing in Flash Floods
- » Turkey's Foreign Ministry has Suspended 25% of Diplomats in Post-Coup Probes
- » Ekathimerini: Downpour Near Athens Floods Roads, Traps Residents
- » Ömer Çelik: EU Cannot Limit Ties to Counterterrorism, Refugee Deal