Greek Parliament Approves New Austerity Measures
The Greek parliament late Thursday adopted a new round of austerity cuts which the government hopes will secure a pledge of debt relief and loan disbursements by EU-IMF creditors this month, reported AFP.
The bill entails EUR 4.9 billion ($5.4 billion) in pension cuts and lower tax breaks in 2018-2021 and was passed by a majority of 153 lawmakers from the ruling coalition. A total of 128 voted against the measure.
- » US Delegation in Ankara After Turkey’s Afrin Operation
- » Greek Parliament Approves More Bailout Reforms Despite Protests
- » Macedonia Вill be a NATO Мember, Sergei Lavrov
- » Geopolitical Poker in the Western Balkans
- » Turkey Against 'Privileged Partnership' With EU
- » EU's Juncker Sees no Progress on Turkey Ties