Greek Parliament Approves New Austerity Measures
The Greek parliament late Thursday adopted a new round of austerity cuts which the government hopes will secure a pledge of debt relief and loan disbursements by EU-IMF creditors this month, reported AFP.
The bill entails EUR 4.9 billion ($5.4 billion) in pension cuts and lower tax breaks in 2018-2021 and was passed by a majority of 153 lawmakers from the ruling coalition. A total of 128 voted against the measure.
- » Erdogan Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party
- » Romania Аpproves Financial Support for Holocaust Survivors
- » EU to Deploy 100 Election Observers to Kosovo
- » Tear Gas Fired at Greek Anti-Austerity Protest
- » Macedonian President Gives Mandate for Coalition Government
- » General Strike to Disrupt Services Across Greece