57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
Sofia criminologists arrested a 57-year-old man for committing a serious criminal offence, the press centre of the Republic of Bulgaria Prosecutor’s Office announced.
Today, May 18, at about 10:25 local time, a shooting was reported in the region of Vitosha district in Sofia. Arriving at the site, the police and medical teams established the death of two men, while a third one was seriously injured and sent to the hospital.
Investigation in the region started immediately, and the area was closed off. Minutes later, one 57-year-old man with initials D. D. was detained.
Work continues on clarifying the circumstances and causes of the crime committed. Pre-trial proceedings were initiated on the case, which is proceeding under the supervision of the Prosecutor’s Office. In relation to this, today at 14:30 local time, the administrative head of Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office - Emiliya Rusinova and the Ministry of Interior’s Chief Secretary – Chief Commissioner Mladen Marinov will give a briefing at the Sofia Court House.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses