57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
Sofia criminologists arrested a 57-year-old man for committing a serious criminal offence, the press centre of the Republic of Bulgaria Prosecutor’s Office announced.
Today, May 18, at about 10:25 local time, a shooting was reported in the region of Vitosha district in Sofia. Arriving at the site, the police and medical teams established the death of two men, while a third one was seriously injured and sent to the hospital.
Investigation in the region started immediately, and the area was closed off. Minutes later, one 57-year-old man with initials D. D. was detained.
Work continues on clarifying the circumstances and causes of the crime committed. Pre-trial proceedings were initiated on the case, which is proceeding under the supervision of the Prosecutor’s Office. In relation to this, today at 14:30 local time, the administrative head of Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office - Emiliya Rusinova and the Ministry of Interior’s Chief Secretary – Chief Commissioner Mladen Marinov will give a briefing at the Sofia Court House.
- » 21 States Were Subjected to Russian Hacker Attacks During the US Elections
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes