Sofia’s Municipal Council Approves Measures Against Air Pollution
Sofia’s municipal council has approved an updated programme for air quality management until 2020, FOCUS News Agency reports.
The programme was approved by 52 councilors, while three abstained.
It aims at reducing particulate matter and limiting traffic of vehicles with high levels of harmful emissions. Public transport will be free in days with increased levels of particulate matter, while another measure provides for free parking for electric and hybrid vehicles.
The programme was updated after high levels of particulate matter were registered in Sofia last winter.
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov: 'It is Possible for Bulgaria to Become Part of the Schengen Area After a Successful Presidency of the EU Council
- » Number of Refugees in Bulgaria has Decreased Significantly
- » President Rumen Radev: Only E-government Will Meet Public Expectations For Effectiveness, Transparency and Control'
- » National Theater ''Ivan Vazov'' To Be Renovated
- » President Radev: ‘Bulgaria Must Have Long-Term Security Strategy’
- » Bulgaria is Making Positive and Confident Steps Towards the Fulfillment of Almost All Recommendations under the Mechanism for Cooperation and Verification