EU Fines Facebook EUR 110M Over 'Misleading' info in WhatsApp Takeover
The European Commission on Thursday fined US social media giant Facebook EUR 110 million ($120 million) for providing incorrect and misleading information on its takeover of WhatsApp, AFP reported.
"Today's decision sends a clear signal to companies that they must comply with all aspects of EU merger rules, including the obligation to provide correct information," EU Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement.
- » EU Gives May 2 Weeks to Act on Divorce Bill and Ireland
- » Two Weeks to Unlock Brexit, EU Tells Britain's May
- » Barcelona Unveils New Anti-Terror Measures in Response to August Attack
- » France Holds Another Day of National Anti-Macron Protests
- » German Coalition Talks Miss Deadline
- » Merkel, Facing Long Night, says German Coalition Talks Can Work