EU Fines Facebook EUR 110M Over 'Misleading' info in WhatsApp Takeover
The European Commission on Thursday fined US social media giant Facebook EUR 110 million ($120 million) for providing incorrect and misleading information on its takeover of WhatsApp, AFP reported.
"Today's decision sends a clear signal to companies that they must comply with all aspects of EU merger rules, including the obligation to provide correct information," EU Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement.
- » EU Threatens to Block Brexit Talks Over Plans for Police Checks on Citizens Who Hope to Remain in Britain
- » Brussels Hands Poland 1-Month Deadline to Address Judicial Reform Concerns
- » European Court of Justice Keeps Hamas on EU Terror List
- » Vatican Fountains Turned Off in Response to Drought
- » Poland's President Vetoes Judicial Reforms After Protests
- » Germany Vows to Defend Firms Doing Business in Turkey