EU Fines Facebook EUR 110M Over 'Misleading' info in WhatsApp Takeover
The European Commission on Thursday fined US social media giant Facebook EUR 110 million ($120 million) for providing incorrect and misleading information on its takeover of WhatsApp, AFP reported.
"Today's decision sends a clear signal to companies that they must comply with all aspects of EU merger rules, including the obligation to provide correct information," EU Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement.
- » Theresa May: 'No time to Waste' as Brexit Talks Will Start Just 11 Days After the Election'
- » Swedish Prosecutors to Decide on Lifting Assange Warrant
- » Austrian Мigrant Death Тruck Тrial Set For June 21
- » New French Government Unveiled
- » Juncker, Mogherini to Address Security Conference in Prague
- » French Cabinet Announcement Delayed to Wednesday