EU Fines Facebook EUR 110M Over 'Misleading' info in WhatsApp Takeover
The European Commission on Thursday fined US social media giant Facebook EUR 110 million ($120 million) for providing incorrect and misleading information on its takeover of WhatsApp, AFP reported.
"Today's decision sends a clear signal to companies that they must comply with all aspects of EU merger rules, including the obligation to provide correct information," EU Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement.
- » The EU Estimated the Price for Brexit: EUR 52 Billion
- » UK Needs to Clarify Issues - Emmanuel Macron
- » Macron Signs French Labor Reform Decrees
- » Uber Stripped of its License to Operate in London
- » Spain Police Detain Man Accused of Link to Barcelona Attacks
- » EU Says Wants Clear Brexit Commitments From Britain