Russian Jet 'Buzzes' Another US Plane in Black Sea
For the second time in a week, a Russian fighter jet flew up close to a U.S. Navy reconnaissance plane in the Black Sea, a U.S. official told Fox News.
This latest incident occurred about 30 miles from Russia in a northern portion of the Black Sea about 100 miles from Russian-held Crimea.
The two incidents occurred before and after Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's visit to Washington and Alaska this week.
The latest incident occurred Friday morning, when another Russian Su-27 jet flew 40 feet from a U.S. Navy P-8 Poseidon recon plane flying in international airspace, according to U.S. officials.
A previous incident on Tuesday involved an armed Russian Su-27 jet flying within 20 feet of the U.S. reconnaissance plane.
- » Bulgaria Wants More Serious Funding for EU Battlegroups
- » The Commander of the Sixth US Navy visited Varna on May 16
- » US Warship Visits Varna Port
- » Sofia Opposes Any Border Changes Across Southeast Europe
- » Krasimir Karakachanov: 'We Should Work Together With Russia'
- » Andrey Botsev Participates at 11th Meeting of Balkan Chiefs of Defense and General Staff