Bulgaria May Fall Short of Forecast 3% Growth Next Year
''Bulgaria may fail to achieve even the forecast economic growth of around 3% in 2018'', said the economist Krasen Stanchev, according to FOCUS Radio’s Good Morning Bulgaria.
''This government is starting with a very bad plan'', he said, mentioning a revision of privatization deals and work in the pension sector, which demotivates people from paying. At the same time there is too much drifting along.
With its decision to ban the privatization of state-owned assets the government is returning to practices from 2004, when the privatization of Bulgartabak was halted.
- » The World Economic Forum in Davos Begins Today
- » The Eurozone has Approved Another Financial Tranche for Greece
- » South Korea to Ban Cryptocurrency Traders From Using Anonymous Bank Accounts
- » 82% of the Wealth Generated in 2017 has Gone to the Hands of 1% of People
- » IMF: "It's Time to Discuss Bitcoin Globally"
- » Bitcoin Falls More than 7% as Regulation Worries Mount