Bulgaria May Fall Short of Forecast 3% Growth Next Year
''Bulgaria may fail to achieve even the forecast economic growth of around 3% in 2018'', said the economist Krasen Stanchev, according to FOCUS Radio’s Good Morning Bulgaria.
''This government is starting with a very bad plan'', he said, mentioning a revision of privatization deals and work in the pension sector, which demotivates people from paying. At the same time there is too much drifting along.
With its decision to ban the privatization of state-owned assets the government is returning to practices from 2004, when the privatization of Bulgartabak was halted.
- » Bitcoin Hit an All-Time High Just Below $8,000
- » Proposal: BGN 510 Min Salary From January
- » The CPC Fined the Bulgarian Stock Exchange with 1775 BGN for Unfair Competition
- » Bulgaria's GDP Growth Accelerates to 3.9% in Q3 2017
- » 0.6% Monthly Inflation For October 2017
- » Projects for BGN 180m have been Implemented Under JESSICA Program