Turkey Court Rejects Wikipedia Appeal Over Blocking
A Turkish court on Friday rejected an appeal by the Wikimedia Foundation against the blocking of access in Turkey to the online encyclopedia Wikipedia, AFP said.
The first magistrates court in Ankara threw out the appeal filed earlier this week by the Wikimedia Foundation, which owns the domain name for Wikipedia, the state-run Anadolu news agency said. The ban had been imposed on Saturday and remains in place.
- » Greek President Tells Turkey's Erdogan no Treaty Revision
- » Turkey's Erdogan Says U.S. Decision on Jerusalem Disregards United Nations
- » Turkey Warns U.S. that Jerusalem Embassy Move is 'Grave Mistake'
- » Police Detain 26 ISIL Suspects in Istanbul
- » Serbian President: Serbia Could Achieve Full EU Membership as Early as 2023
- » Erdogan: Turkey Could Break off Ties with Israel over Jerusalem