Bulgarian Farmers Receive EUR 227M Euro Subsidies
The Agriculture Fund has paid EUR 227M in grants under the so-called green direct payments scheme, according to BNR.
Approximately 55,000 farmers received support for environmental activities. The financial support for farmers comes just a day after the new Minister of Agriculture, Rumen Porozhanov, who used to be the head of the Agriculture Fund three months ago, stepped into office.
Those familiar with the matters comment that the payment of subsidies is a sign of overcoming recent tensions between the Fund and the Ministry of Agriculture.
- » Bulgaria in the Top 5 in the EU on Export Growth for the Period January-September
- » Britain has Allowed the Tests of Autonomous Cars
- » Volkswagen will Invest EUR 22.8 Billion in its Factories
- » Subaru has Withdrawn nearly 400,000 of its Cars due to a Lack of Safety Check
- » The Tender for the Highway to Pleven / Lovech will be in the Second Half of 2018
- » Bulgaria will Work for an European Strategy for the Oil Industry