Prof. Mladen Grigorov: 'We Need to Adhere to the Principles of the Free Market'
''Demonopolisation of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF), redistribution of funds, improving nation’s culture of health and doing more preventive medical examinations - these must be the priorities for the new Health Minister'', said Prof. Mladen Grigorov, head of the Clinic of Cardiology at the Second Multiprofile Hospital for Active Treatment Sofia, according to FOCUS Radio.
“First and foremost, demonopolisation of the NHIF, to promote competition. We need to adhere to the principles of the free market, since we have chosen to live in a market society. Secondly, the state must start paying what it has chosen to pay. The state pays 50% of what it has to pay for pensioners, children and civil servants. Thirdly, we need to give priority to two things - prevention and culture of health,” said Prof. Mladen Grigorov.
The introduction of the electronic healthcare cards will have a number of benefits for the doctors, patients and will increase control over spending.
- » The Price of Water is Rising in 14 Regions of the Country
- » Police Trade Unions Will Protest Before Christmas
- » Water and Energy Regulatory Commission Decides on the Final Increasing Price of water in 14 Districts Since January 1
- » Unified Security System Will be Presented Today in Sofia
- » International Report: A Large Part of Islamic State's Weapons are Bulgarian
- » MPs will Discuss the State Debt of the Country