Tony Blair Announces Return to British Politics to fight Brexit
Former British prime minister Tony Blair said Monday he was plunging back into domestic politics in order to fight against Brexit, AFP reported.
Blair, who led the Labour Party from 1994 to 2007, will not be standing in the June 8 general election.
But he said he wanted to build a political movement to shape the policy debate as Britain starts its negotiations to leave the European Union.
"This Brexit thing has given me a direct motivation to get more involved in the politics," he told the Daily Mirror newspaper.
"You need to get your hands dirty and I will."
- » Denmark Considers Using Cryptocurrencies for Humanitarian Aid
- » Norway Becomes the 1st Country in the World to Completely Switch Off its FM Radios
- » The Last European Council For 2017 to Begin in Brussels Today
- » MPs Win Right to Final Vote on Brexit
- » U.N. Resolutions on North Korea Need to be Fully Implemented, Antonio Guterres
- » The MEPs Saved the Döner Kebabs