Angela Merkel: 'EU-Turkey Ties 'Severely Hit' by Ankara Developments'
The relationship between the European Union and Turkey has been severely hit by actions taken by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday, AFP reported.
"The developments over the past weeks have severely hit German-Turkish ties as well as European-Turkish relations," she told parliament, noting in particular that Ankara's arrest and treatment of a German newspaper correspondent is "incompatible with a constitutional state".
- » Norway Becomes the 1st Country in the World to Completely Switch Off its FM Radios
- » The Last European Council For 2017 to Begin in Brussels Today
- » MPs Win Right to Final Vote on Brexit
- » U.N. Resolutions on North Korea Need to be Fully Implemented, Antonio Guterres
- » The MEPs Saved the Döner Kebabs
- » Kurz Close to Forming New Austrian Right-Wing Government