Angela Merkel: 'EU-Turkey Ties 'Severely Hit' by Ankara Developments'
The relationship between the European Union and Turkey has been severely hit by actions taken by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday, AFP reported.
"The developments over the past weeks have severely hit German-Turkish ties as well as European-Turkish relations," she told parliament, noting in particular that Ankara's arrest and treatment of a German newspaper correspondent is "incompatible with a constitutional state".
- » Johannes Hahn: EU to Back Starting Entry Talks With Albania, Republic of Macedonia
- » Theresa May Pledges to Keep EU Arrest Warrant and Europol Links
- » France Calls For Opening of Humanitarian Corridors in Syria
- » The Deputy Chief of the European Parliament has Been Removed Because of Insulting Opponents
- » George Soros Donated Money to Campaign For a Rerun of Britain's EU Referendum
- » The Race for Juncker's Successor at the Helm of the European Commission is Fueling Tensions