EU Launches Legal Action Against Hungary Over Education Law
The EU launched legal action against Hungary on Wednesday over a law that could shut a university founded by US billionaire George Soros, the European Commission said, AFP reported.
"We have decided to take legal action on the higher education law by sending a letter of formal notice to the Hungarian government," EU vice president Valdis Dombrovskis told a news conference.
- » Federica Moghereini: The EU Grants an Additional € 3 Billion to Turkey For Refugees
- » Tensions in the EU rise as Brussels Plans to Shift Billions From Eastern Europe to Spain
- » EU Regulator Investigates Alitalia State Loan
- » Majority of Germans Want More Protection From Globalization
- » EU Clears Landmark Trade Agreement with Japan
- » Brussels Bans the Broadcast of World Cup Football Matches in the Center of the City