BNB Reports Current Account Surplus
In February 2017 Bulgaria’s current account and capital account balance was positive and reached EUR 336.9M, with surplus of EUR 40.2M in comparison to the same month a year earlier, data from the Bulgarian National Bank show, quoted by BNR.
According to the bank, the trade balance of this country in February remained negative at EUR 90.7M.
Exports of goods from Bulgaria in February amounted to EUR 2.077 bln., up by EUR 391.5M – a 23.3% increase, compared to EUR 1.6822 bln. In February 2016.
In February, imports of goods increased by EUR 346.1M to EUR 2.1463 bln. against imports totaling EUR 1.8183M in the second month of the previous year.
However, direct foreign investments in the country in February rose by just EUR 45M compared to an increase of EUR 136.6M in February last year.
- » A Protest Against the Limitation of Cash Payments in Sofia
- » Inflation in Bulgaria Reaches 1.1% Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Bulgarian Exports to the EU Increased by 11.3% in the Period Between January-June 2017
- » Average Monthly Insured Income For the Country in July 2017 is BGN 811.75
- » In the Period January - July 2017 the Bulgarian Exports to Third Countries Increased by 18.9%
- » GDP in the Second Quarter of 2017 Increased by 0.7% in the EU-28