Bulgaria to Provide Humanitarian Aid for Afghanistan, Yemen and Syria
The Bulgarian government approved the provision of humanitarian aid for Afghanistan, Yemen and Syria. The aid totalled to EUR 300,000, provided from the approved funds of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget for official development support and humanitarian aid, the government information service announced, quoted by Focus News Agency.
The funds will be provided through voluntary contributions to the budgets of the International Organisation for Migration, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, International Committee of the Red Cross, the UN Children's Fund, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, and the World Food Program.
The aid provided will help in overcoming the humanitarian challenges in Afghanistan, Yemen and Syria, to rebuild the countries, and improve the situation of the local citizens.
The granted humanitarian aid confirmed the image of Bulgaria as an EU member state that supports the efforts of international society towards solving the problems of peace, stability, and the development of the three countries.
- » Bulgarian President: 'Having a Strong and Efficient Navy is Very Important to Bulgaria'
- » There is a Trend of Constant Increase in Traffic Through the Danube Bridge
- » Social Minister: The Pension System will be Stable until 2040
- » Hundreds are Protesting in Defense of an Arms Factory
- » President Radev will Guarantee the Security of Tsvetan Vasilev if he Returns to Bulgaria
- » The Repair of 'Orlov Most' in Sofia to Continue by the End of the Next Week