Georgi Dimov: ‘The Civil War in Turkey Is Knocking at the Door’
‘’The civil war in Turkey is knocking at the door following the referendum giving more authority to the President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, said Georgi Dimov, former consul general of Bulgaria in Edime, commented during Radio Focus morning show Good Morning Bulgaria.
According to his words, the results of the referendum on April 16 clearly showed the separation among Turkish society, the processes in which remain unclear and unpredictable.
‘’What is more important and interesting is who will be leading the dance – whether it will be the Kurds or the secular Kemalists. Both of the main currents of today’s true Turkish opposition do not like much the political Islam, and against them they have the united front of national Islam, or Islamic nationalism. Both definitions are completely relevant’’, Dimov explained.
He also prognosticated an upcoming redrawing of borders on the southeast of Bulgaria and this seemed increasingly more inevitable considering the ambitions of the larger than Ankara players’ among which Washington, Moscow and the Arab world.
- » Police to Check Roads Across Bulgaria Against Illegal Immigrants, Trafficking of Weapons and Stolen Goods
- » GRECO: 'Bulgaria Has Implemented Satisfactorily 12 of the 19 Recommendations'
- » Small Balls of Hardened Fuel Oil Found on the Beaches of Nessebar and Ravda
- » 86% of Bulgarians Do Not Know What the 'Judicial Reform' is
- » Assenovgrad to Discuss the Measures Taken by the Local Authorities and Government
- » Three Committees Will Meet in the National Assembly Today