Haskovo to Initiate Petition Against Pollution of Local Drinking Water With Uranium
Citizens of Bulgaria’s town Haskovo in Southeast Bulgaria have initiated a petition against the pollution of the local drinking water with uranium, BNR reported.
The petition will be sent to Bugaria’s Ombudsman Maya Manolova. It became clear that the water in Haskovo was polluted with uranium one year ago. All institutions in Haskovo – the Regional Health Inspectorate, the local water and wastewater company, Haskovo Municipality and the district administration were informed about the high concentration of uranium in the water on April 27,2016.
However, no institution has undertaken measures aimed at solving that problem. The citizens of Haskovo should go under a full health screening, the participants at the petition said.
- » Sofia Negotiates with Baku on Additional Quantities of Gas
- » Regional Development Ministry Committed to Sustainable Urban Mobility
- » NSI: In April 2017, Industrial Production Index Drops 1.2% MoM
- » European Comission Approves EUR 86.6M for Sofia Subway Line 3
- » Govt to disburse BGN 28M for National Palace of Culture Capital Increase
- » After Bulgaria's EU Accession, Agricultural Export Has Tripled