Most Powerful Steam Locomotive in Europe Starts From Sofia to Kyustendil
Minister of Tourism Stela Baltova has given the start to the debut tourist line of Europe’s most powerful steam locomotive named Baba Metsa (Granny Bear), announced from BNR.
It starts the journey from Sofia to reach the western town of Kyustendil where the tourists on the train will be welcomed by tourist guides.
On Palm Sunday it will take passengers to the Monastery of Cherepish.
Locomotive driver Angel Alexiev explains that the locomotive has been made exclusively for Bulgaria.
Following keen interest in this new tourist attraction the state railways BDZ have decided to add to the train composition a Corona Express royal carriage. A historian from BDZ welcomes tourists who want to have a look inside the historical carriage.
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
- » About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
- » Number of Arrivals in All Accommodation Establishments Increased by 11.5% in January, 2018
- » More than 34 000 Albanian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2017
- » Sofia Airport with Nearly 4% Passenger Growth in February
- » Over 15% Growth of Foreign Tourists in December and January