Most Powerful Steam Locomotive in Europe Starts From Sofia to Kyustendil
Minister of Tourism Stela Baltova has given the start to the debut tourist line of Europe’s most powerful steam locomotive named Baba Metsa (Granny Bear), announced from BNR.
It starts the journey from Sofia to reach the western town of Kyustendil where the tourists on the train will be welcomed by tourist guides.
On Palm Sunday it will take passengers to the Monastery of Cherepish.
Locomotive driver Angel Alexiev explains that the locomotive has been made exclusively for Bulgaria.
Following keen interest in this new tourist attraction the state railways BDZ have decided to add to the train composition a Corona Express royal carriage. A historian from BDZ welcomes tourists who want to have a look inside the historical carriage.
- » Clouds to Develop in Afternoon, with Rains in Some Areas
- » Top 10 Places to Visit in Plovdiv
- » Wizz Air to Launch 2 New Flights from Sofia in 2018
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism Discusses Possibilities for Developmnet of Medicinal Tourism
- » Hotel Revenues up by Almost 17% YoY
- » Minister of Tourism: 'Chinese Market is Huge Opportunity'