Most Powerful Steam Locomotive in Europe Starts From Sofia to Kyustendil
Minister of Tourism Stela Baltova has given the start to the debut tourist line of Europe’s most powerful steam locomotive named Baba Metsa (Granny Bear), announced from BNR.
It starts the journey from Sofia to reach the western town of Kyustendil where the tourists on the train will be welcomed by tourist guides.
On Palm Sunday it will take passengers to the Monastery of Cherepish.
Locomotive driver Angel Alexiev explains that the locomotive has been made exclusively for Bulgaria.
Following keen interest in this new tourist attraction the state railways BDZ have decided to add to the train composition a Corona Express royal carriage. A historian from BDZ welcomes tourists who want to have a look inside the historical carriage.
- » Bulgaria With Potential to Contribute to EU-China Partnership
- » Bulgarian’s Voyages Abroad Up By ¼
- » Number of UAE Tourists Showing Interest in Bulgaria’s Nature Increases
- » Over 1,000 Cruise Passengers Arrive at Burgas Port
- » 15th Edition of Food and Beverage Tourism Fair Held in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Airport Reports Strong Growth of Passengers