Tourist Visits to Bulgaria Expected to Pick up 22% for Easter Holidays
Tourist visits to Bulgaria for the Easter holidays are expected to pick up 22% from last year, Tourism Minister Stela Baltova said Wednesday, according to BTA.
She said that Sofia Airport figures indicate an increase of visits from Germany, the UK, Italy and Portugal.
Tourists in summer are expected to increase 10% from 2016. "There is an interesting tourist season in store for us," the Minister said adding that tourists from Germany are forecast to increase by 30-35% and those from Russia by 10%.
One in ten foreign tourists who visited Bulgaria last year said that they are interested in culture tourism.
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » Some Ryanair Pilots in Ireland to Strike, German Union Steps Up Pressure