Movement for Rights and Freedoms Issues Declaration on Referendum in Turkey
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) has issued a declaration in connection with the upcoming referendum in Turkey:
“On 16 April Turkey will vote in a referendum on constitutional changes that will change it forever. And not just Turkey. But the Balkans, Europe and the world,” reads the declaration, according to BNR.
“It is Erdogan’s aim to obtain all power in the country, unchecked. Erdogan wants to be president, prime minister and party leader all rolled into one. Without any checks and balances mechanisms,” the DPS writes, and adds that the referendum poses a threat to democracy, the observance of fundamental rights and freedoms, as well as the supremacy of law.
''That is why all democratic forces and countries must take a categorical stand today, because tomorrow it will be too late'', the DSP declaration reads.
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov met with UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018
- » Today Begins the Real Part of the Experimental Repair of the ''Trakia'' Highway
- » More Than 5000 Bulgarian Villages Can Apply for Euro Fundings For Wi-Fi