Employers' Labour Expenses Grow By 8% in One Year
In the fourth quarter of 2016, the total expenses of employers per working hour of their employees increased by 8%, compared to a year ago, showed preliminary data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
The increase in industry is 8.1%, in the services sector – 9.4% and in construction 2.2%.
The greatest jump in total labour expenses was reported for the sectors Culture, Sports and Entertainment – 25.5%, Trade, Automobile and Motorcycle Repairs – 14.3%, Creation and Circulation of Information and Artistic Products, Telecommunications – 10.7%.
Labour expenses grew least in the Water and Sewerage Sector – 1.7%, Construction – 2.2% and Education – 3.0%.
Expenses for remuneration of a single working hour increased by 8.2%, while other expenses (healthcare, social benefits) grew by 7.0%.
- » Over EUR 335 Million is the Export of Bulgarian Furniture in 2017
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with Saudi Arabia in Agriculture
- » Google Overhauls Gmail to Lure Businesses Away from Microsoft
- » Forecast: Half a Million Professionals from Third-countries will Come to Bulgaria
- » Old Buildings in the Center of Plovdiv Will be Renewed with European Funds
- » Northern Europe is Increasingly Relying on Wind Power