E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
General Directorate Combating Organised Crime (GDBOP) has warned on its website that, in the last 3-4 days, cyber criminals have been sending e-mails with a warning that a law suit is about to be initiated. The attachment to the e-mails, however, contains a virus which compromises the computer system and “steals” personal data and passwords.
GDBOP has recommended that such e-mails not be opened and specified that these are circulated as spam. Experts have recommended that modern and reliable operational systems and security applications be used.
The e-mails are signed by Dimitrinka Dionova and these state that services have been ordered and not paid for. A very tight deadline has been set to pay a certain amount because interest will begin to accrue after that.
- » Police is Checking a Suspicious Luggage at Varna Airport
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town