All Sofia-Berlin Flights Cancelled Due To Strike
All flights between Sofia and Berlin on Monday have been cancelled. The reason is the strike of the employees of both Berlin airports - Schönefeld and Tegel. The strike started early on Monday morning and will end at 05:00 hrs on Tuesday.
The website of Sofia Airport shows that three planes to Berlin will not take off on Monday and another three aircraft will not land on Bulgarian territory.
About 2,000 employees are expected to take part in the strike. Their demand is for an increase of the hourly wage from EUR 11 to EUR 12.
The syndicates held several rounds of negotiations with the employers but these turned out to be unsuccessful.
The previous strike was on March 10 and went on for 25 hours. Then, 659 flights were cancelled.
- » The Chief Architect Offers Two Skyscraper Areas far from Downtown Sofia
- » Environmental Pollution Kills Millions Around the world
- » A Warehouse Hub for Indian and Chinese Goods will be Built near Sandanski
- » Varna will Held International Technology Conference Innowave Business and Startup
- » ECB Chief Mario Draghi says Bitcoin Not Mature Enough for Consideration
- » ‘New frontier’ Bulgaria Attracts Real Estate Investors