All Sofia-Berlin Flights Cancelled Due To Strike
All flights between Sofia and Berlin on Monday have been cancelled. The reason is the strike of the employees of both Berlin airports - Schönefeld and Tegel. The strike started early on Monday morning and will end at 05:00 hrs on Tuesday.
The website of Sofia Airport shows that three planes to Berlin will not take off on Monday and another three aircraft will not land on Bulgarian territory.
About 2,000 employees are expected to take part in the strike. Their demand is for an increase of the hourly wage from EUR 11 to EUR 12.
The syndicates held several rounds of negotiations with the employers but these turned out to be unsuccessful.
The previous strike was on March 10 and went on for 25 hours. Then, 659 flights were cancelled.
- » Bulgaria and Greece to Accelerate Gas Interconnector Project
- » The Map of Sand Dunes along Bulgarian Black Sea Coast to be Updated
- » No mass grave found in Kizevak after 140 days of excavations
- » Greece didn’t get what it wanted at Eurogroup
- » May tells EU immigrants: 'We want you to stay'
- » State starts inspections in Sunny Beach resort