All Sofia-Berlin Flights Cancelled Due To Strike
All flights between Sofia and Berlin on Monday have been cancelled. The reason is the strike of the employees of both Berlin airports - Schönefeld and Tegel. The strike started early on Monday morning and will end at 05:00 hrs on Tuesday.
The website of Sofia Airport shows that three planes to Berlin will not take off on Monday and another three aircraft will not land on Bulgarian territory.
About 2,000 employees are expected to take part in the strike. Their demand is for an increase of the hourly wage from EUR 11 to EUR 12.
The syndicates held several rounds of negotiations with the employers but these turned out to be unsuccessful.
The previous strike was on March 10 and went on for 25 hours. Then, 659 flights were cancelled.
- » Volkswagen to Install 2,800 U.S. Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- » Bulgaria Air with Tickets of € 45 For the Holidays
- » Ryanair Christmas strike: Everything You Need to Know About How the Airline Backed Down
- » Bulgaria is Second in the EU to Export Ski
- » Toyota to Offer Electrified Option For All Models by 2025
- » The Bulgarian Academy of Science Report About Belene NPP will be Published After Editing